The Livit Ltd (https://www.livit.ch) respects your privacy and only processes your personal data (“data”, “personal data”) in line with the Swiss Data Protection Act (DPA). Personal data refers to all data and information related to a specific person. In addition to your contact details, such as your name, phone number, address and e-mail address, this includes other information that you provide to us, such as your date of birth.
When you register as a prospective tenant for a rental property, we save the data that you enter in Switzerland or in the EU/EEA and use it for the following purposes:
1. Internally at Livit we use your registration information as part of the process to determine whether to conclude a rental contract, which also includes forwarding your data to the owner of the property/landlord.
1.a. In addition, we use your data to inform you of other rental properties that may also be of interest to you, e.g. in the event the rental property you enquire about is unavailable. You may unsubscribe from this service at any time, and subscribe again later on.
1.b. If you do conclude a rental contract, your data will be processed in accordance with the provisions of the rental contract.
2. We use your data so we can send you our newsletter, which contains interesting offers and information. You may unsubscribe from this newsletter at any time, and subscribe again later on.
3. We use your data that we have saved to optimise our offering. We do so in anonymised form for statistical purposes, which means it is not possible to connect the data to you personally.
4. We do not share your data with any third parties. If we task third parties with processing personal data, we oblige the third party contractually to maintain strict confidentiality and only permit processing for the above-mentioned purposes. This is particularly the case when the data are processed abroad.
5. We store your data in line with high security and confidentiality standards. Access to your data is regulated and monitored, and all employees are contractually obliged to maintain confidentiality.
6. Compatibility with the GDPR: Where applicable, we also adhere to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when carrying out the aforementioned data processing.
7. You may view your data at any time and receive a copy of it, submit a request to correct the data, and block it to prevent further processing or request that the data be deleted. If you have any such concerns or would like more information about the processing of your data, please contact:
privacy [at] livit.ch
+41 58 360 33 33