Frequently asked questions

How may we help you? Enter your search term or click on a relevant category.

If a property is still occupied, the viewings will be arranged with the previous tenants, which means it may also be possible to arrange them for weekends. However, if a property is empty, we are only able to offer viewings on weekdays.

In the past, the TV cable connection fee used to be included in the ancillary costs. These days, this fee is often included in tenants’ phone contracts. Please let us know if your TV cable connection fee is included in your phone contract to avoid being charged twice.

The purpose of the house rules is to keep the property safe, clean and tidy and to make sure residents are considerate towards each other. For these reasons, it is important that everyone observes the house rules out of respect for one another.

When a number of people live close together, it is very important for people to be considerate and tolerant towards each other. The first thing to do is always to talk directly to your neighbour. You could, for example, ask them to turn down their music.

If talking to them doesn't produce a change, please notify us of your concerns in writing. In that case, we will work to achieve a mutually acceptable solution.

After you moved in, we will have emailed you the property handover checklist. The items on the checklist are intended as guidance for reporting any defects. If you identify any other defects in the property, please report them to us within 14 days by directly responding to this email.

Emergencies are damage caused by natural events, damage to the interior or exterior of a building that could be dangerous, criminal activities, damage to pipes that involves leaks and interruptions to your electricity, gas, water and heating supply. In these cases, you can contact us outside office hours and at the weekend using the emergency hotline number displayed in the entrance area.

Termination dates and notification periods for terminating a tenancy are defined separately for every tenancy. The dates and periods that apply to your tenancy are set out in your tenancy agreement.

Properties always have to be returned to their original condition before being handed back. Any holes in the walls have to be professionally filled when you are moving out. As soon as the new tenants have been selected, you can discuss with them whether they would like the walls to be repainted in the original colour. If so, the walls have to be professionally repainted.

Yes, definitely! When moving to a new district, you have to notify your current local authority that you are moving out of the district. You can de-register from your local authority at your local residents registration office. The same applies for registering at your new local residents registration office. You will have 14 days to de-register and register. Please contact your local authority for information on the documents you will need to de-register and register.

By the way: you will still have to register your new address at your local residents registration office even if you are not moving to a different district.

The costs involved differ from case to case. Once a property has been handed back, it will be checked against the moving-in report. If there are any broken parts or appliances, the cost for replacing them may be deducted from your deposit if they fall under the minor repairs tenants are required to perform themselves. You may also be charged for any reductions in value.